Got a couple of lovely surprises today. First I just decided to check my blog stats (something I usually don’t do) and found out I’ve had people from all over the world check out my blog. That to me is amazing! I never expected anyone to actually read what I wrote, although of course I hoped they would and that it would help them or encourage them somehow :). And second, I was recently nominated by a favorite blog of mine, The Paperbook Blog for the Sunshine Award :D. Very exciting! (Thank you, Jayde-Ashe!) I’m not sure if it’s acceptable to nominate the blog that nominated you, so I won’t, but if I could, I would because it really is a lovely blog and you should check it out. These two things, along with the gorgeous sunny weather, made my day.
Accepting the award is optional but if you do, here are the rules for the award:
- Post the logo above
- Accept the nomination and link back to the blog that nominated you
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate blogs and inform them of the nomination
Seven things about me:
- I love to read, I love to write, and I love to read about writing and reading and to write about reading and writing.
- My favorite author is Edgar Alan Poe. We have the same birthday.
- One of my favorite snacks is BBQ pig skins with a Barq’s root beer. (I wish I had that right now!!!)
- I can be a terrible procrastinator at times.
- I listen to mostly classic country and classic rock, but my favorite singers are members of my family.
- I hate when drivers don’t yield at yield signs.
- I studied art in school and there are so many painters that I admire, but my favorite art work is that of my toddler. This is evident to anyone who has seen my refridgerator. 🙂
My nominations are: (not in any certain order)
- Christopher Kokoski
- The Exploits of Mandaloriangirl
- Adventures of a wanna-be writer
- Lightning Droplets
There are doubtless many other deserving blogs, but honestly with everything else going on, these are the only ones I’ve had the time to follow lately. And I thoroughly enjoy every post. I’m sure you’ll appreciate them as I do. I hope you’ll take the time to check them out and let these talented bloggers know what you think. Have a great day and thanks for reading!
*I was unable to notify Christopher Kokoski. I’m not sure what’s going on but for some reason I’m unable to comment or to do anything on his site 😦 So, if you happen to read this, Christopher, you’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award 😀
OH NO! I completely forgot Knitting with Pencils! Don’t forget to check this one out. It’s my number 6. 🙂